Here’s the excerpt from the Peoplecert official announcement:
starting this year, Global Best Practice certifications will be issued with a renew-by date.
Which certifications will come with a renewal requirement?
All candidates with a PeopleCert Global Best Practice certification can choose to renew within three years of their original certification dates.
Certifications with the option to renew after 3 years, are as follows:
- ITIL® 4
- PRINCE2® 5th and 6th
- PRINCE2® Agile
- MSP® 4th and 5th
- M_o_R® 3rd and 4th
Do you have to renew your certification?
All candidates with relevant Global Best Practice certifications will be given the option to renew within three years of their original certification dates. This means:
- If you were certified before 30 June 2020: You will have until 1 July 2023 to choose to renew your certification(s), regardless of your original award date.
- If you were certified after June 2020: You will have the option to renew your certification(s) within 3 years of the original award date.
Your renew-by date can be viewed in your PeopleCert account.
Candidates that choose not to renew will still be included on the Successful Candidates Register (SCR) and the Candidate Verification Service, but a note will be added to their record to indicate that their certification needs to be renewed to align with current certification requirements.
How can you renew your certification?
Currently, there are two renewal paths available:
- Retake the same exam: You can choose to renew your certification by re-taking your original exam before the renewal date.
- Take further courses and certifications: You can choose to renew your certification by attending another course and taking an exam within the same product suite before the renewal date.
From March 2023, a third renewal path will be available:
- Collect and log CPD points: You will be able to choose to renew your certification through collecting and logging CPD points. More details on this path will follow soon.
Current MyAxelos subscribers can continue to log their CPD points, as before.”