Blog and news
Software Body of Knowledge 3rd edition (SWEBOK 3) is available at GitHub.
SWEBOK is the perfect standard and set of templates for managing software projects and support software products.
PMBOK7 is expected to be open at August, 1st, but on July, 1st it became available to PMI members.
Now let’s give an overview of PMBOK7, which includes project management standard and guide.
As many other current methodologies, standards, and frameworks PMBOK moves to concept of principles and domains. That does not mean rejection of traditional tools and processes, but those – as well-known – are described at a Digital platform now. Tools, processes, techniques, and methods are implemented in certain company and project conditions within management domains and according to guiding principles. This approach provides more flexibility to organize projects in the most appropriate way.
PMBOK7 following the concept, founded in PMBOK6 offers 4 project management models: predictive, incremental, iterative and adaptive, and recommends development any types of hybrids. Cynefin and Stacey models are aplicable to define the project model.
- brief standard
- appendices, among those sponsor role, PMO role, product management vs project management.
Project management standard defines Value management system and 12 guiding principles.
Value delivery system includes 8 functions:
- Provide Oversight and Coordination
- Present Objectives and Feedback
- Facilitate and Support
- Perform work and contribute insights
- Apply Expertise
- Provide Business Direction and Insight
- Provide resources and Direction
- Maintain Governance
Internal and External environment are also parts of th value delivery system.
12 Project management principles are:
- Be a diligent, respectful, and caring steward
- Create a collaborative project team environment
- Effectively engage with stakeholders
- Focus on Value
- Recognize, Evaluate, and respond to system interactions
- Demonstrate Leadership behaviors
- Tailor based on context
- Build quality into processes and deliverables
- Navigate complexity
- Optimize risk responses
- Embrace adaptability and resiliency
- Enable change to achieve the envisioned future state.
The Guide includes and describes 8 performance domains:
- Development approach and lifecycle
- Project work
The special chapter Tailoring deals with interconnections between Domains, processes, methods, and artifacts.
The fast growth of Agile popularity is driven by a myth of its high quality. The professional have another opinion, that Agile approaches are valuable but one of many other approaches, and Agile – as any other management model – has its advantages, challenges and limitations – and thus the appropriate and inappropriate areas of implementation.
Thanks to the projectmanagement.com webinar now we have a research based on 8 years of data collection, which clearly shows that project success does not depend on a certain methodology (see image 1), more of all vast implementation of Agile has no impact on total success rate of IT projects.
Our Software requirements specification course at Udemy is recognized as TOP quality course, which is higher than 90% of another courses.
I enjoy following SWEBOK management plans in IT project/product management.
Recently I find and recommend all SWEBOK Wiki. Meet details Software quality assurance plan
CAPM – Certified Associate in program management – is the basic PMI certification. Previously, CAPM was granted only for 3 years.
Now certificate holders are not obliged to pass exam each 3 years, 15 pdu’s only are necessary instead.
We recommend this certification for young specialists, bachelors, masters, who start their career. You need to gain 23 contact hours, no work experience required.
We’re proud to inform that our author’s course IT Service operations and Service Desk was recommended for Business Subscription by Udemy (Udemy for Business program).
Join the course (https://www.udemy.com/course/it-service-operations-and-service-desk-management/?referralCode=9442D29CFA2F9309C764) using your company business account and pay for consumed info only.
The new exam is comprised of:
- 180 questions (the previous exam was 200) but the same number of questions will be scored
- 230 minutes to complete the exam
- One additional break for a total of two 10-minute breaks for computer-based tests. No scheduled breaks for paper-based exams.
- Questions will be a combination of multiple-choice, multiple responses, matching, hotspot and limited fill-in-the-blank. See prototype questions to learn more .
Microsoft is launching a global skills initiative aimed at bringing more digital skills to 25 million people worldwide by the end of the year. This initiative will bring together every part of our company, combining existing and new resources from LinkedIn, GitHub, and Microsoft. It will be grounded in three areas of activity:
(1) The use of data to identify in-demand jobs and the skills needed to fill them;
(2) Free access to learning paths and content to help people develop the skills these positions require;
(3) Low-cost certifications and free job-seeking tools to help people who develop these skills pursue new jobs.
At its heart, this is a comprehensive technology initiative that will build on data and digital technology. It starts with data on jobs and skills from the LinkedIn Economic Graph. It provides free access to content in LinkedIn Learning, Microsoft Learn, and the GitHub Learning Lab, and couples these with Microsoft Certifications and LinkedIn job seeking tools. In addition, Microsoft is backing the effort with $20 million in cash grants to help nonprofit organizations worldwide assist the people who need it most. One-quarter of this total, or $5 million, will be provided in cash grants to community-based nonprofit organizations that are led by and serve communities of color in the United States.