Blog and news
Mr. Andy Jordan in his article at the projectmanagement.com discusses about the future of program management.
I recommend this very interesting and motivating article to think about program manager as a business manager, whose role is not controlling project outputs and deliverables, but in a wider context search for business opportunities for the company, and drive the organization to these new frontiers.
A small cite:
“Program managers play a critical role in helping an organization achieve success. That’s not going to change in the future as long as there is recognition that the role is evolving and shifting. Organizations should not expect to oversee a shift in project management without also seeing a similar change in related disciplines—and program management is an obvious example”.
It suits for clarifying PMBOK based project management workflow as well as PMP 6th preparation.
Enjoy! And thank the author!
As it had been announced a year ago, the Peoplecert is now the single provider for ITIL and PrinceII certifications in the AXELOS(r) ITIL(r) and Prince(r) domains.
The certification exams are available both on-line and classroom.
Important notes for candidates:
- Classroom – i.e. by accredited exam provider – certifications has a long (up to 2 weeks) procedure of applying and approving.
- On-line exams are available anywhere with a real-time proctoring. A candidate must choose a certain schedule for taking an exam.
Take our online training to prepare better for the ITIL(r) OSA module!
There will be three webinar sessions:
- Feb 6 – Introduction to successful partnering – the P2P Maturity Model
- Feb 20 – Deep dive in how to become GREAT in P2P and how to win deals!
- March 6 – P2P workshop, member’s Q&A around how to improve their P2P!
Introduction to successful partnering – the P2P Maturity Model
Would you like to…
Increase your market share? Strengthen your reputation? Increase your competitiveness and profitability? Accomplish it all with successful partnerships. Research from IDC proves that Microsoft Partners will become more profitable and grow faster when they specialize and partner with others when their solutions demand skillsets that they do not have in house. According to the channel partners, partnering activities are valuable because they increase:
- Sales/marketing coverage in current and new geographies
- Solution-specific expertise
- Customer-specific knowledge and expertise
- Industry-specific expertise
Join Per Werngren, Tech Investor, Entrepreneur, Advisor, P2P Evangelist as he introduces you to the P2P Maturity Model through a series of webinars.
I recommend the video at youtube. Great done!
The Project Management magazine published 12 main PM trends in the new year.
They are in brief:
- Artificial Intelligence in PM
- Wearable/mobile technologies
- Hybrid (Waterfall/Agile/Iterative) technologies in PM
- PMO as a PM driver in an organization
- Kanban boards for lean PM
- Analytics including AI implementing
- Cybersecurity projects
- Women in PM
- Autonomous Vehicles
- Remote teams
- More worl for project management roles: up to 15+mln. by year 2020, and up to 88mln. in ten years by 2027!