Home » Portfolio management
Category Archives: Portfolio management
PMXPO 2019 is the largest virtual Project management conference. One of the main streams at the current year session is PMO – Project management office. Its role and development.
Enjoy 2 presentations about PMO:
1. The_Right_PMO_for_You (1)describes roadmap to build a PMO
2. 5_Threats_to_Getting_Work_Done – how can PMO help in working with complexities and impediments.
PMI issued the “Benefit Realization management” Guide. It includes multi-level best practices and recommendations for benefit management in project, program and portfolio management.
The DevOps Agile skills association renewed the certification roadmap, and the 3rd tier (Leadership level) certifications are available now. I have passed the Product Owner certification one of the first, and want to share a brief experience about this prestigious certification.
The Product Owner role is a leading role to ensure the Product vision, roadmap and backlog, and finally the product value to a customer.
The DASA association actively drives training and certification activities in this area.
The PO certification exam includes 40 questions (in fact, not very complicated, especially if a candidate is good with Scrum and Agile). Each question is followed by 4 answer options, one of those is correct. 26 correct answers (65%) lead to success.
I passed the exam at the first attempt. It seems to me that the certification marks that junior PO is ready for his/her journey.
As any other certification it helps to structure candidate’s skills and practical experience.
We recommend the bright in-depth research by our ResearchGate colleagues. Their work deals with the fuzzy analysis of demands of a corporate Portfolio/Project management system.
In fact this work is a very rare attempt of scientific mathematics (fuzzy logic) based analysis instead of expert one concerning information systems of a corporate level.
PMI(r) Business analysis Guide is updated according to new versions od foundation standards (PMBOK Sixth, Program & Portfolio management standarts in their fourth edition).
The Guide is available for download.
The PMI’s Standard for Portfolio management 4th (2017) is available for purchase and download.
- Portfolio Life Cycle is properly defined;
- Performance Management is detailed into Capacity, Capability, and Value management
- Stakeholder Engagement instead of Communication management
- Linkage to Business Strategy Execution is defined
- Portfolio Governance is defined as a separate area, including roles and responsibilities
- Risk management as the leading area in Portfolio management. Risk Appetite.
Our instant partner – Dr. Danil Dintsis is the Standard Exposure Review Team member.