Home » Posts tagged 'management'
Tag Archives: management
On January, 15th, PMI(r) published 37 pages of the draft standard PMBOK7.
The main change – and challenge – there are PRINCIPLES instead processes now. PMBOK Standard 7th delivers 12 main project management principles.
Knowledge areas will be described later (probably in electronic form only).
The draft is devoted to soft skills area at 90% level. It seems a bit strange to me ’cause hard skills in the PM area are of high value as well.
The draft presents the “umbrella” approach to project management, including predictive (waterfall), agile and hybrid models. As a part of this approach the project leader role is introduced. This role unites project manager, scrum master and other leadership roles.
Another ‘strange’ item for me is the descriptive approach. Standards are usually predictive. But this one contains descriptions, examples, and references to ‘others”.
The PMP 2020 new version seems to be in line with this draft.
- Google certified Cloud Architect ($139, 529 annually)
- PMP (PMI Project management professional) ($135,798)
- Certified ScrumMaster ($135,441)
- AWS certified solutions architect ($132,840)
- AWS certified developer ($130,369)
- Microsoft certified solutions expert (MCSE) ($121,288)
- ITIL Foundation ($120,566)
- Certified information security manager (CISM)($118,412)
- Certified in Risk and Information systems control (CRISC) ($117,395)
- Certified information systems security professional (CISSP) ($116,900)
Udemy offers our top-rated course “Gather requirements and create Software requirements specification” during next 2 days with 70% discount and lifelong access.
This fourth edition differs from prior editions by focusing on the principles of good program management. Program activities have been realigned to program life cycle phases rather than topics, and the first section has been expanded to address the key roles of program manager, program sponsor and program management office.
PMXPO 2019 is the largest virtual Project management conference. One of the main streams at the current year session is PMO – Project management office. Its role and development.
Enjoy 2 presentations about PMO:
1. The_Right_PMO_for_You (1)describes roadmap to build a PMO
2. 5_Threats_to_Getting_Work_Done – how can PMO help in working with complexities and impediments.
PMI issued the “Benefit Realization management” Guide. It includes multi-level best practices and recommendations for benefit management in project, program and portfolio management.
Buy any of the following courses during Black Friday at Udemy (till 23:59, November, 23) at the minimal possible price $9.99 and receive a coupon for a course at Cyber Monday for free!
So, you can buy lifelong access to TWO on-line courses by the mininal proce of ONE course.
CHOOSE TWO – PAY FOR ONE
We recommend the bright in-depth research by our ResearchGate colleagues. Their work deals with the fuzzy analysis of demands of a corporate Portfolio/Project management system.
In fact this work is a very rare attempt of scientific mathematics (fuzzy logic) based analysis instead of expert one concerning information systems of a corporate level.