As we know, PMP exam changes greatly on July, 1st, 2020. (See our previous posts).
So, candidates have 8-9 months to prepare and successfully pass the exam based on current version. It’s enough time for it. Our colleague – Marcus Kopko prepared a perfect step-by-step for PMP preparation.
Below is the brief version with my comments and offers, whilst you can find the full author version at: https://www.project-management-prepcast.com/how-to-get-pmp-certification
Brief plan with comments:
- Read the PMI Credentials Handbook.
- Make sure that you are eligible to become a PMI certified project manager.
- Become a PMI Member + Member of your local PMI Chapter. Comment. Optional, but highly recommended
- Sign up for the PMP Exam.
- Read the PMBOK® Guide. Twice.
- Listen to a PMP Audio Workshop or Read a PMP Preparation Book.
Comment. items 4-6 to my mind should be as the following:
4. Listen to a PMP Audio Workshop or Read a PMP Preparation Book
5. Read the PMBOK® Guide. Twice. Learn the processes inputs-tools&techniques-outputs
6. Register for the PMP exam
7. Take an In-Person PMP Workshop.
8. Answer as many Sample PMP Exam Questions as you can.
9. Study Hard and have a Plan. Comment. It means your own plan based on your experience, mindset, workload, etc.
10. Take the Exam.