Home » Posts tagged 'pmp' (Page 2)
Tag Archives: pmp
On May, 2019, the PMI has informed about changes in the PMP certification. First information says the changes take effect on December, 15th. But on the last week of August the effective date was changed to July, 1st, 2020. The current exam version is available till June, 30th, 2020.
The PMI has presented changes details in the PMP Examination Content outline — ECO. And the certification content changes greatly. Current version as like as many previous versions are developed around the project management phases, i.e. initiation – planning – execution – monitoring and control – closure and knowledge areas. The new version is built around the three PM competency areas.
42% of exam questions (14 tasks) are in leadership segment; 50% (17 tasks) are in project management processes segment and 8 % (4 tasks) are in business strategy.
«Establish project governance structure
— Determine appropriate governance for a project (e.g., replicate organizational
- Define escalation paths and thresholds»
The «2019 PMP Exam Content Crossover Map» document matches exam themes across current and future version. For example:
- Assess behavior through the emotional needs of key project stakeholders
- the use of personality indicators
- Assess opportunities to deliver value incrementally
- as necessary to find the Minimum Viable Product
- Recommend a project methodology/approach (i.e, predictive, agile, hybrid)
- Use iterative, incremental practices throughout the project lifecycle (e.g., lessons learned, stakeholder engagement, risk)
- Classify compliance categories
- Coordinate with other projects and other operations
- Assess organizational culture
- Google certified Cloud Architect ($139, 529 annually)
- PMP (PMI Project management professional) ($135,798)
- Certified ScrumMaster ($135,441)
- AWS certified solutions architect ($132,840)
- AWS certified developer ($130,369)
- Microsoft certified solutions expert (MCSE) ($121,288)
- ITIL Foundation ($120,566)
- Certified information security manager (CISM)($118,412)
- Certified in Risk and Information systems control (CRISC) ($117,395)
- Certified information systems security professional (CISSP) ($116,900)
PMI officially presents the new concept of the PMP exam, which takes place since December, 15th. The new exam contains the following main differences in approach:
- Three domains: People, Processes, Business environment
- “Predictive, agile, and hybrid approaches will be found throughout the three domain areas listed above and are not isolated to any particular domain or task.”
- “About half of the examination will represent predictive project managementapproaches and the other half will represent agile or hybrid approaches.”
Exam contain 35 tasks across three domains:
14 tasks (42%) in the People Domain, 17 tasks (50%) in the Processes domain, and 4 tasks (8%) in Business environment domain.
The detailed contents of tasks are described in the PMI’s “PMP Content Examination Outline”.
A0 format schema of PMBOK 6th processes by (c) Ricardo Vargas is placed at our Presentations page.
March, 26th – PMP, PMI-ACP
May, 21st – CAPM
June, 25th – PgMP, PMI-BA
It suits for clarifying PMBOK based project management workflow as well as PMP 6th preparation.
Enjoy! And thank the author!
I recommend the video at youtube. Great done!
Project Description Experience_20.11.2017-this file contains a real example of a candidate’s project experience, which he had successfully submitted for a PMP application.
The file publishing is directly allowed by the author.
PMI(r) has officially informed education providers (R.E.P.’s) that:
- PMP(r) preparation courses should START upgrading to PMBOK6th since January 1st, 2018.
- Other PDU-granted courses based on PMBOK5th are valid till March, 26th, 2018 – the date when new PMBOK6th based exam takes place.
- PMP(r) exam will be still based on the same ECO, so its structure remains unchanged.
Follow our Telegram channel for rapid news.