Home » 2019
Yearly Archives: 2019
The new PMP® exam is launching 1 July 2020. PMP® candidates are offered the opportunity to be part of a pilot group that takes the exam before its global launch. Here’s what you need to know:
- Dates to sit for the pilot exam are 9 March through 20 March
- The pilot exam is available in English language only.
- PMI Members will receive a rebate of USD $81 for the $405 exam fee.
- Non-PMI Members will receive a rebate of USD $111 for the $555 exam fee.
- All pilot participants are eligible for a re-take of the exam at no cost.
- 600 participants, with global representation, will be accepted.
- Pilot participants should prepare using the PMP® Exam Content Outline and the list of top used reference books.
- PMP® candidates can choose to participate in the pilot when they pay for their exam.
- Pilot participants will not receive a pass/fail score immediately after taking the exam but will receive their results in May 2020.
Perfect structured document on PMBOK knowledge areas for PMP preparation: ITTO-sheet-based-on-PMBOK-6th-Edition
Grow the business with partners is always a good idea! The IAMCP community former president – Mr. Per Werngren developed and shared the P2P partnering maturity model. It helps companies to establish and improve maturity level of their partnering, and helps to increase revenues for all p2p process participants.
As on late November, 8th CSD and DPI ITIL 4.0. certifications are available along with ITIL 4.0. Managing Professional Transition exam.
The official information says:
” the ITIL® 4 Specialist: Create, Deliver and Support (CDS) and ITIL 4 Strategist: Direct, Plan and Improve (DPI) exams are now live!
ITIL 4 Specialist Create, Deliver and Support provides guidance that further explores the concepts introduced in ITIL 4 Foundation. It is the logical next step for those wanting to make immediate tangible changes to their organisation’s working methods in service management. The module is a practical and holistic approach to the creation and management of effective and streamlined services.
ITIL 4 Strategist Direct Plan and Improve provides IT professionals and leaders with the ability to use ITIL in their overall IT strategy, creating an evolving IT organisation with a strong and effective strategic direction. The module equips candidates with the skills to influence and inspire others to work in a desired way and create effective, high performing IT and digital teams. This module will be a key component of both ITIL 4 Managing Professional and ITIL 4 Strategic Leader.”
Watch this wonderful and useful video, which clearly explains the consequence of activities in a project according to PMBOK 6th.
I believe it helps you for both project management and PMP preparation.
ITIL 4 Specialist: Create, Deliver and Support and ITIL 4 Strategist: Direct, Plan and Improve exams, will be out on 8 November 2019, so let’s get you prepared!
30% discount on both exams is valid until 31 December 2019 !
Welcome to our new course “Microsoft Teams for users”
Learn how to organize team work and/or studies using Microsoft Teams.
As we know, PMP exam changes greatly on July, 1st, 2020. (See our previous posts).
So, candidates have 8-9 months to prepare and successfully pass the exam based on current version. It’s enough time for it. Our colleague – Marcus Kopko prepared a perfect step-by-step for PMP preparation.
Below is the brief version with my comments and offers, whilst you can find the full author version at: https://www.project-management-prepcast.com/how-to-get-pmp-certification
Brief plan with comments:
- Read the PMI Credentials Handbook.
- Make sure that you are eligible to become a PMI certified project manager.
- Become a PMI Member + Member of your local PMI Chapter. Comment. Optional, but highly recommended
- Sign up for the PMP Exam.
- Read the PMBOK® Guide. Twice.
- Listen to a PMP Audio Workshop or Read a PMP Preparation Book.
Comment. items 4-6 to my mind should be as the following:
4. Listen to a PMP Audio Workshop or Read a PMP Preparation Book
5. Read the PMBOK® Guide. Twice. Learn the processes inputs-tools&techniques-outputs
6. Register for the PMP exam
7. Take an In-Person PMP Workshop.
8. Answer as many Sample PMP Exam Questions as you can.
9. Study Hard and have a Plan. Comment. It means your own plan based on your experience, mindset, workload, etc.
10. Take the Exam.
And this book is not about Azure or other technology. It is about DevOps culture, team building, development.
Let’s remember, that DevOps is not a technical approach, but organizational transformation, which unites the full-cycle responsibility for a product in a single team.
Download for free and improve: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/effective-devops/