Home » 2017 (Page 4)
Yearly Archives: 2017
About a month ago the PM2 (Project Management Methodology) was approved by EC. The new standard actively implements both waterfall and adaptive project management models.
I consider the following as the main advantages of this new standard:
- It is short and simple;
- Standard is separated from tools and techniques; and from Portfolio management as well;
- Clearly described roles;
- Impressing clear for understanding illustrations;
- It’s free!
After the short introduction and basic description in Chapter I, basic definitions and standard area are defined in Chapter II:
- Project and project management definitions
- Project Support Office
- Project, programme, and portfolio management areas;
- Project environment
- Project manager competencies.
The third chapter contains general overview of project management methodology based on five-phase model:
initiating – planning – executing – closing – monitoring 7 control.
Each phase is described in a classical way: inputs – tasks – outputs.
Adaptive (Agile) approach is described in a special Appendix E. PM2 and Agile, while interaction between project and portfolio management is in the Appendix D. PM2 and Portfolio Management. I consider this kind of description very precise and clear for understanding and implementation.
The fourth chapter describes typical project roles:
- Project Stakeholders
- Project Organisation and Roles
- Appropriate Governance Body (AGB)
- Project Steering Committee (PSC)
- Project Owner (PO)
- Solution Provider (SP)
- Business Manager (BM)
- Project Manager (PM)
- Business Implementation Group (BIG)
- Project Core Team (PCT)
- Project Support Team (PST)
- RAM (RASCI) — Documenting Responsibility Assignments
I am very impressed with clearness of roles description.
Chapters from 5th to 8th describes the consequent project management phases: initiating, planning, executing, closing, and monitoring and control. The management phase descriptions are separated from tools and techniques, which are described in details in Appendix C Project Management Tools & Techniques.
Appendix B contains structure for the main project documents:
- Requirements Management Plan
- Project Change Management Plan
- Risk Management Plan
- Issue Management Plan
- Quality Management Plan
- Communications Management Plan
- Change Log
- Risk Log
- Issue Log
- Decision Log
As a member of IAMCP mentoring community we are happy to deliver playbooks how to build cloud-based start-up business.
Partners can now download these highly impactful practice development playbooks that focus on the “how to” of four key cloud practices:
- Cloud Infrastructure & Management
- Data Platform & Analytics
- Cloud Application Development
- Enterprise Mobility & Security
Read the full article by the Mentor’s community
AXELOS(r) announces that more time would be available for the ITIL(r) Practitioner exam: 2hrs. 15 min. instead 1hr. 45 min. since March, 1st.
PMI(r) Standard for Portfolio management 4th ed. is available for open independent review till February, 23.
Any volunteer PMI member can send his/her review at PMI website.
AXELOS(r) announced that only PEOPLECERT will hold the examination program for AXELOS portfolio (ITIL(r), PRINCE2(r)) since January, 1st, 2018.
EXIN(r) and 3 other examination institutions keep their rights for examination programs during 2017.
New conditions and transition rules to be announced further.