Home » Posts tagged 'pmi'
Tag Archives: pmi
PMBOK7 is expected to be open at August, 1st, but on July, 1st it became available to PMI members.
Now let’s give an overview of PMBOK7, which includes project management standard and guide.
As many other current methodologies, standards, and frameworks PMBOK moves to concept of principles and domains. That does not mean rejection of traditional tools and processes, but those – as well-known – are described at a Digital platform now. Tools, processes, techniques, and methods are implemented in certain company and project conditions within management domains and according to guiding principles. This approach provides more flexibility to organize projects in the most appropriate way.
PMBOK7 following the concept, founded in PMBOK6 offers 4 project management models: predictive, incremental, iterative and adaptive, and recommends development any types of hybrids. Cynefin and Stacey models are aplicable to define the project model.
- brief standard
- appendices, among those sponsor role, PMO role, product management vs project management.
Project management standard defines Value management system and 12 guiding principles.
Value delivery system includes 8 functions:
- Provide Oversight and Coordination
- Present Objectives and Feedback
- Facilitate and Support
- Perform work and contribute insights
- Apply Expertise
- Provide Business Direction and Insight
- Provide resources and Direction
- Maintain Governance
Internal and External environment are also parts of th value delivery system.
12 Project management principles are:
- Be a diligent, respectful, and caring steward
- Create a collaborative project team environment
- Effectively engage with stakeholders
- Focus on Value
- Recognize, Evaluate, and respond to system interactions
- Demonstrate Leadership behaviors
- Tailor based on context
- Build quality into processes and deliverables
- Navigate complexity
- Optimize risk responses
- Embrace adaptability and resiliency
- Enable change to achieve the envisioned future state.
The Guide includes and describes 8 performance domains:
- Development approach and lifecycle
- Project work
The special chapter Tailoring deals with interconnections between Domains, processes, methods, and artifacts.
PMI extends the list of online proctored certifications. Now the PMI-BA certification for business analytics is available.
PMI announced on 8th of June that in mid-June application forms for all kinds of certifications become shorter and more simple.
PMI officially notified that the new version of PMP certification is postponed to January 2nd, 2021.
The current exam will be available 6 months more till Dec. 31th, 2020.
On May, 2019, the PMI has informed about changes in the PMP certification. First information says the changes take effect on December, 15th. But on the last week of August the effective date was changed to July, 1st, 2020. The current exam version is available till June, 30th, 2020.
The PMI has presented changes details in the PMP Examination Content outline — ECO. And the certification content changes greatly. Current version as like as many previous versions are developed around the project management phases, i.e. initiation – planning – execution – monitoring and control – closure and knowledge areas. The new version is built around the three PM competency areas.
42% of exam questions (14 tasks) are in leadership segment; 50% (17 tasks) are in project management processes segment and 8 % (4 tasks) are in business strategy.
«Establish project governance structure
— Determine appropriate governance for a project (e.g., replicate organizational
- Define escalation paths and thresholds»
The «2019 PMP Exam Content Crossover Map» document matches exam themes across current and future version. For example:
- Assess behavior through the emotional needs of key project stakeholders
- the use of personality indicators
- Assess opportunities to deliver value incrementally
- as necessary to find the Minimum Viable Product
- Recommend a project methodology/approach (i.e, predictive, agile, hybrid)
- Use iterative, incremental practices throughout the project lifecycle (e.g., lessons learned, stakeholder engagement, risk)
- Classify compliance categories
- Coordinate with other projects and other operations
- Assess organizational culture
- Google certified Cloud Architect ($139, 529 annually)
- PMP (PMI Project management professional) ($135,798)
- Certified ScrumMaster ($135,441)
- AWS certified solutions architect ($132,840)
- AWS certified developer ($130,369)
- Microsoft certified solutions expert (MCSE) ($121,288)
- ITIL Foundation ($120,566)
- Certified information security manager (CISM)($118,412)
- Certified in Risk and Information systems control (CRISC) ($117,395)
- Certified information systems security professional (CISSP) ($116,900)
PMI announced the CAPM – the first step certification for project administrators and managers – are available now in an on-line mode 24×7.
After registration and application approval (experience OR PDUs) a candidate can pass an exam using his/er own notebook from any location.
A0 format schema of PMBOK 6th processes by (c) Ricardo Vargas is placed at our Presentations page.
The Project management institute (PMI) starts a series of free podcasts “Projectified with PMI”. Listen to experts about their experience in driving projects.