Home » Posts tagged 'pmi'
Tag Archives: pmi
PMI extends the list of online proctored certifications. Now the PMI-BA certification for business analytics is available.
PMI announced on 8th of June that in mid-June application forms for all kinds of certifications become shorter and more simple.
PMI officially notified that the new version of PMP certification is postponed to January 2nd, 2021.
The current exam will be available 6 months more till Dec. 31th, 2020.
On May, 2019, the PMI has informed about changes in the PMP certification. First information says the changes take effect on December, 15th. But on the last week of August the effective date was changed to July, 1st, 2020. The current exam version is available till June, 30th, 2020.
The PMI has presented changes details in the PMP Examination Content outline — ECO. And the certification content changes greatly. Current version as like as many previous versions are developed around the project management phases, i.e. initiation – planning – execution – monitoring and control – closure and knowledge areas. The new version is built around the three PM competency areas.
42% of exam questions (14 tasks) are in leadership segment; 50% (17 tasks) are in project management processes segment and 8 % (4 tasks) are in business strategy.
«Establish project governance structure
— Determine appropriate governance for a project (e.g., replicate organizational
- Define escalation paths and thresholds»
The «2019 PMP Exam Content Crossover Map» document matches exam themes across current and future version. For example:
- Assess behavior through the emotional needs of key project stakeholders
- the use of personality indicators
- Assess opportunities to deliver value incrementally
- as necessary to find the Minimum Viable Product
- Recommend a project methodology/approach (i.e, predictive, agile, hybrid)
- Use iterative, incremental practices throughout the project lifecycle (e.g., lessons learned, stakeholder engagement, risk)
- Classify compliance categories
- Coordinate with other projects and other operations
- Assess organizational culture
- Google certified Cloud Architect ($139, 529 annually)
- PMP (PMI Project management professional) ($135,798)
- Certified ScrumMaster ($135,441)
- AWS certified solutions architect ($132,840)
- AWS certified developer ($130,369)
- Microsoft certified solutions expert (MCSE) ($121,288)
- ITIL Foundation ($120,566)
- Certified information security manager (CISM)($118,412)
- Certified in Risk and Information systems control (CRISC) ($117,395)
- Certified information systems security professional (CISSP) ($116,900)
PMI announced the CAPM – the first step certification for project administrators and managers – are available now in an on-line mode 24×7.
After registration and application approval (experience OR PDUs) a candidate can pass an exam using his/er own notebook from any location.
A0 format schema of PMBOK 6th processes by (c) Ricardo Vargas is placed at our Presentations page.
The Project management institute (PMI) starts a series of free podcasts “Projectified with PMI”. Listen to experts about their experience in driving projects.
March, 26th – PMP, PMI-ACP
May, 21st – CAPM
June, 25th – PgMP, PMI-BA