The 16 hours (10PDU total: 8PDU Technical and 4 PDU Strategic, 4 PDU Leadership according to Competency Triangle) course provides 3-month access to e-learning materials with two 1-hour individual on-line sessions with a trainer. The course provides a detailed training on IT project requirements mnagement. The training is based on the world standards and best practices by:
– PMI® PMBOK® (Project management institute Project management Body of Knowledge) Extension for software projects,
– IEEE® SWEBOK (Software Body of Knowledge).
Students will learn and make practical exercises in:
- identify and manage stakeholders
- gather requirements and expectations
- identifying project and product constraints
- prioritize requirements
- develop product specification
- develop use cases, state and data diagrams.
The training helps to prepare for or sustain existing world-known professional certifications as CAPM®, PMP® and offers* 10 PDUs (Professional development units) for PMI® (CAPM, PMP, PgMP, and others) certifications according .
*- PDUs are granted by the PMI Global R.E.P.
– IT professionals: engineers, system administrators, programmers, who wishes to become more effective in their work and improve career,
– High school and university students, studying IT: programming, engineering, etc. The course helps them to start their professional development and receive a good job;
– Project managers and team leads in IT projects, who wishes to accelerate their career success and start preparing for prestigious international certifications or willing to get PDUs for existing PMP® certification status.
About the trainer
PgMP, PMP (Program and Project management professional) certified specialist with 25 years IT experience, proved by a number of Microsoft and EXIN certifications.
Course program (Modules and schedule)
Module 1. Introduction
- Welcome to the training
- What is a project?
- Why does an organization start a project?
- Waterfall vs Agile project management
Module2. Identify stakeholders and gather requirements.
- Stakeholder management tools
- Stakeholder register and requirements and expectations list
- Stakeholder influence and classification
- Stakeholder management strategy
Module 3. Classify and balance requirements
- Types of requirements
- Feasibility analysis
- Functional analysis
Module 4. Develop requirements specification document
- What is SRS
- SRS content
- Combining waterfall and agile
Module 5. UML modelling foundation
- What is UML
- Use case diagrams
- State diagrams
- Data diagrams
Module 6. Conclusion
- Risk management
- Course summary
Course format: self-paced on-line with two on-line sessions with a certified trainer, PMP(r)